The history of the company dates back to 1879 and began in the Haro winery in the "barrio de la estacion" district near the railway station. Close to the railway tracks that once went into the actual winery to easily transport the wine in oak barrels and then in bottles.
The 545 hectares of vineyards owned by CVNE account for 50% of the company's production, and are split between the two sub-regions of Rioja Alta and Rioja Alavesa, an area of clay-limestone, clay-iron and alluvial soils influenced by the Atlantic and Mediterranean climates.
The winery complex is made up of 22 buildings, including the original 1879 building, as well as the factory designed and built by the Eiffel architecture company in 1909.
This winery combines tradition, quality and innovation. In 1940 it pioneered the construction of the first concrete fermenting cellar in Spain. In the 80s, it led the way with the first gentle winemaking facility, using gravity.